Wednesday, October 9, 2013

   I just want to write today, but nothing deep at least I don't think it'll be deep. Who knows where my brain will take my fingers. First some info. At school we have three hours of gym a week, meaning one day we have two hours of dry gym and an hour of wet gym. We are lucky enough to have a pool at our school, but many of the kids don't see how great it is.
   Just this year the principal decided that kids will have the choice of wet or dry gym that one other hour that was originally only wet. They did this, because a lot of kids would play truant during that hour or get a pass from the pool, so they wouldn't have to swim. Now this didn't bother me as long as I got to swim. Now along with this choice two teachers were suppose to watch over the class, but one of my classes teachers is on leave for who knows how long. That meant we were left over with one teacher so we always had dry lessons, that is until today.
   Today we got a second teacher so we had the choice of wet or dry gym. Well I can tell you this, I was the first one at the pool and asking to get in. I think the teachers were surprised by my enthusiasm, but what can I say I like swimming. I think I'll be one of the only girls that swims in my class, because I know most of them don't like the fact that they only have ten minutes to change and get to class.
   Anyway, most of the class had a dry lesson and when I say most I mean 92% of the class. That left me and a boy called Chris. Now I'm not sure if he likes swimming or he just doesn't mind it since he came somewhat regularly last year, but I enjoyed myself. I swam till I was exhausted, because the teacher noticed we were good swimmers so made us swam till we dropped. It was nice.
   Chris happens to be one of the few people who I'm comfortable around at the pool, which is strange because we're not friends, just classmates. Maybe it's because he reminds me of my brother. At least they have similar personalities when in public, I'm not positive about there private personas. Then again I think my brother might be one of few kids who has a outdoor and indoor persona. Though who knows I could be wrong.
   It was fun swimming. Pushing myself to my limits and just giving it my all with no worries of those around me. The best part is you don't sweat, well maybe you do, but it's hard to notice when you're already completely wet. I'm excited to go swimming next week and curious as to who will join me next.
See you again, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment